Monday, November 14, 2011

"tao po" (Knocking Doors)


Hello my dearest family! I gotta be honest, I don't feel like a whole lot has changed in the past 4 days since I last emailed. Maybe as I sit here and type I'll remember. Usually it works that way; once I start talking, it just comes :)

But first of all.....WOOHOO for my Aggies! Oh my goodness, I'm just so proud right now. Of course they would win… this is the spectrum people! I can only imagine the mess it was to get into that game. Ha, been there, done that. LOVE it! :) And I actually heard about the missionaries that died last week. The one that had extended is a really good friend of President DeLaMare's daughter and they're next door neighbors with their family. So sad. I can't even image what that must feel like for their families. They've been in our prayers as well. And no, I haven't heard from Wendy at all. Well, I did in the MTC, but not here. So sad. I sent her a letter though a little while ago and hopefully I'll get a response too. She is so stinking funny. I got a letter from Huss this week and honestly just sat and laughed. Oh boy, I have some pretty great friends if I do say so myself, but then again, I may be a little biased :)

So this week has been just a bunch of finding, finding and oh, more finding. After the area split, we've only been left with a few investigators and we are dying for more. So as a result, that has been our life. We have 4 areas in our area that we've divided among the days, and one of the areas is subdivision type so for the first time on my mission, we did straight up tracting, knocking doors. Well, actually, it's "tao po", no knocking, but it's all the same. It actually wasn't too bad once we started. But as you can imagine, most people didn't want to listen. Go figure...I would consider us to be pretty fun people... :) Transfers came and went, thank heavens. Man, I am not so much a fan of transfers. They're just stressful. Sister Lorente got a new companion which means we have a new roommate in our house. She's from Samoan and from Hawaii and she is PASAWAY which means, disobedient. Oh boy, I don't even think we've seen half of it yet because it's only been a few days, but it'll be interesting to see what comes out. We already know she has textmates because she's texting all the time, baboloyn music (don't you love you're getting to know all the mission terms right now. Haha:), the works. It's interesting. That's a part of me that just sincerely does not understand though. If you don't want to be obedient, if you don't want to focus on the work, don't go on a mission. No one is forcing you. Who knows.
What else happened this week.....um, we had a run in with the elders from the QC North mission. Our area borders theirs and apparently they've been working in our area for a long time now. And 50% of their ward lives in our ward boundaries. Yep, no joke. It's a mess here trying to keep track of members and less actives because all the wards and boundaries are like that. As of now, they've told us not to go into that area to work anymore, which is kind of a problem because it's a huge chunk of our area. But we'll see if they'll realign the boundaries or what will happen. That's honestly about all for this week. We were able to teach Sister Jescel's husband for the first time this week. Hopefully he'll continue to listen to us, because it would just be the greatest thing for their family. Oh yeah! How did I forget! There was a huge fire in our area. Apparently the electric wires caught on fire because there were too many jumpers. And it was windy, and it was down in a squatters area and so they whole thing just blew. It was crazy. My heart just ached for the people down there. Everything they have, literally, up in flames. It was way sad. It was only one house away from the house of one of our investigators and barely missed about 4 different member families that live down in that area. So crazy how things can change in our lives so quickly.

Anyhow, that's all I can think of. I know there's more, but my mind's going blank right now. But I'm sending some pictures so that'll make up for my lack of words! :) Love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!



No comments:

Post a Comment