Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Staying and Training :)


Oh my goodness, this has been the week of craziness, but lots of goodness!! First of all, my fungis is almost entirely cured!! I got some drops last week and about 2 days later, the difference was incredible!! Let's just say, I was doped up on ibuprofen for the first 2 days. Haha. But thank you for all the prayers. There is strength in numbers. 

So crazy about General Conference right?! I'm dying to watch the whole thing. You lucky ones over there already saw it all. I do happen to be on the lucky list because the Whitings are here and as a couple missionary, they have a computer with internet access whenever they want to. So we did get to watch the first part on Sunday night after dinner at their house. That'll make such a difference for missionaries going into the field. The Lord is saying, it's time to get to work! Love it :) P.S. speaking of the Whitings....Dad, President Whiting reminds me so much of you. Bahaha, it's hilarious. The way he jokes, when he's serious, when he talks about sports. It makes me laugh and of course super happy cuz it's just like a little slice of home. 

So transfer announcements!! My comp is leaving. Sad day, I love Sister Madelo. I'm sad to see her go. And other news, I'm training again. Elder Waite called and I said, "Elder, you know I love talking to you, but not so much on Monday morning before transfers". Ha just laughed.  Praying for a philipina. Ay nako, I'm not sure if I'm ready to lead this area with a newby, but then I think of Ryan and say to myself, "ha, this is a piece of cake. His is 10X worse. I got this!". God has been really kind in always preparing me before hand for the challenges he gives me. Poor Ry just gets thrown in the fire. Haha. It's because he knows Ry can handle it; I can't. That's a compliment Ry :) Shumway and Sanchez are staying in the house with me too. I'm so so happy about that. Love them both and it's just so good to have support around. Sanchez is hilarious. She said my eyes are like spongebob. Not sure exactly what that means...

Other updates for this week. So our area is starting to progress so much better. We found a new investigator last week, Brother Exequial (pronounced ezichial). He's 60 (I don't know what's up with all the old men...just noticed that...), grew up as a Jehovah's Witness, but never believed any of it. He's listened to a ton of different missionaries, but just said he's never found any that have interested him. Until us that is...oh the church is so true :) We've had a couple cool experiences with him, but my favorite was we were teaching about prophets and we taught about President Monson. We had a picture to show him and he grabs it and just said, "So this is God's prophet, Thomas S. Monson". And then bam, the Spirit just hit the lesson so hard. Ha, I was caught of guard to be quite honest but we just let it sink in for him. So awesome. Needless to say, he's really excited for general conference. When we were leaving yesterday he gives us 2 thumbs up and goes, "I believe you". Haha, what a cute old man. It's fun to teach him. 

We have a few other investigators that are awesome too. They just get it. One is Bro. Raymund; He's 25, a teacher, and he just cracks me up. He's so quirky. But last night we were teaching the plan of salvation, and he asked a question about Christ as a god. And the thought came to me, tell him that's the point, that all of us have the potential to be Gods if we follow Christ." Ha, first time I've ever thought to share that ever with an investigator. Most people it just blows their mind. Said a little prayer....um, you sure about this. Yep. So we shared it and he totally got it! Love it. We just have some fun investigators right now.

Less actives on the other hand.....they're coming along. Progress is just slower and it's sometimes harder to get things through to their heads, let alone their hearts. No worries though, I'm the same way sometimes. It just takes time. I love being in this zone. It's just a super focused zone, but we still enjoy. The best way to describe it is, we work hard, but we play hard. So much fun. So there's this little girl in our area, her name is Princess. She's 5 years old and she's seriously crazy, but I just love her. Absolutely hilarious. This week we were teaching at their house and she's just so loud. She screams everything… as in, screams. And I had this flashback to when I was a little kid and dad would always tell me, "Candace, you don't need to scream. We're all right here. Use your inside voice". Bahaha, he used to tell me that all the time I feel! Am I right? What was I like as a little 5 year old?? I have this strange feeling I was just like Princess as a little kid. Ha, scary, but hilarious. 

Our breaker blew up yesterday while we were out working. There's been water dripping, we're not sure where from, but it got into the box and Bam! Good thing all the walls in the Philippines are cement or it would have burned down the whole complex. So now we have a nice big fire mark on our wall. Got our electricity back though, so that's good news. 

Funny you should say that about working at the MTC...I've been thinking about maybe doing that. It occurred to me this week that it's kind of getting crunch time for applications and lets just have a reminder here, I have NO plans and NO life waiting for me. Patay. I don't even want to think about it, but I need to have some kind of plan. So I was wondering if you'd mind looking up the dead lines to apply for EFY and also the Hill Cummorah pageant. Just trying to get a few ideas together :) Shoot, reality is going to hit me like a 10 ton brick I think. One other random request...can I get the recipe for rice pudding? I think I might have asked for it once, but I can't find it written anywhere. 

Anywho, that's all my dear family! I hope you have a fantastic week and we'll see you on Monday! Send a few prayers my way that I'll get a philippina for my companion :) Mahal ko po kayong lahat! Ingat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment