Saturday, July 9, 2011

Oops...forgot. I AM in the MTC!!!


Candace sent this handwritten letter. I laughed til I cried. Hope you enjoy the story as much as we did!:)
Dearest Familia!
So, I know I just wrote you an email like, oh, 2 hours ago, but I thought of a story I wanted to tell you that I didn’t have time to write about because of that stupid red clock up in the corner flashing the time at me. Man, I hate how there’s only 30 minutes. It’s ok, I’ll get over it.:)
Ok, so here’s my story. I was just in the classroom with the Elders and it was “study” time. Sister Losefa was in an interview so it was just the Elders and I hanging out and talking. And I started telling them about Iron Elder. He’s an elder from the Japanese district that is seriously a maniac at gym time. He was in the army (or more likely the marines) and during gym times we sometimes just watch in awe at the crazy stuff he does. So we named him Iron Elder. We don’t know his name but we decided not to find out because then we can keep calling him that. And I think I might ask him to make me a work out plan for the Philippines. Genius idea, right?! Anyway, back to the story. So we’re talking about Iron Elder and I go, “Yeah, seriously though, he’s LBA!”       As soon as I said that, in my head I’m going, Oh no.  
      And Elder Brunker goes, “What’s LBA?  
      Of course I started going red because I have this accursed gene or something where that just happens to me. And I go, “Oh, it just means legitimate, like legit.”   
      And he goes, “Yeah, for the L, but what does the BA stand for?” 
      And I’m just like, “Don’t worry about it.”    
      And then Elder Gallacher goes, “Oh my, Sister Weller!”   
      Of course I start blushing again and I couldn’t help it, but I just started to laugh.  
      Then Elder Gallacher proceeds to explain what the “BA” stands for.                                                    
Bahaha..there’s goes my clean reputation! That’s ok. It had to go sometime. They might as well know the real me, right? It was hilarious.  Anyway, thought I’d share.
Love You! Candace

1 comment:

  1. Soooo. Does anyone ever comment.? Can candace even get on this blog to check it out? Does Mama Lisa manage this? If so...HELLLO.
    I love reading it and catching up. She will be fabulous. This story cracks me up. to the max. So funny.
    And Harry Potter shirt...Of course. I am yet to see that movie. Can't wait either. Welp Later.

    ReplyDelete