Friday, July 1, 2011

Minute to Win It!


Oh family of mine!! Holy cow, I honestly feel like I'm playing minute to win it when I'm typing these emails. That's the kind of pressure there is with time. I'd need to type like 200 wpm to actually get everything in! Ok, so first things first, I love the updates!! Keep them coming :) No to the back sweater, I won't be needing it, but I do still need Twit's new address. I've had a letter sitting on my desk for forever now that needs to go to her. Thanks for the email updates from Kim. Summaries work. If it seems like something super important though, you can just copy and paste it into the body of the email and send it to me that way.

So updates for this week! It's been a good one! I swear though there's a time warp here or something. The days feel like 7 shoved into one but the weeks go by SO fast! I was thinking about it this week though. Boo's going to love it here...There's so much food in the cafeteria, I swear it was made for him. Most of the Elders in my district graduated in 2010, so they're 19 going on 20, but I'm not sure if that's how it is for all of them. And try, not 8 hours together, more like 16. haha, hence the serious bonding. I'm so glad we're all going to the same mission though. It will be so much fun to serve with each other the entire time. No, there's not really any alone time, but I don't really mind. If you want a second to yourself, you just don't talk. Haha. It works out. And sister Iosefa is so great and easy going that it's not a big deal at all.

You know how I mentioned my little Philippino friend that came in last week? Well she is seriously the cutest thing ever! Sometimes at night after class and everything, we'll sit in the hall of the dorms and read out of the book of mormon in Tagalog and she's teach me words. And we ask her all sorts of questions about the culture and what they eat and everything. It just makes me so excited to go over there!! She's so stinking tiny though, like seriously, I think she comes to my armpit. Maybe. But she's gorgeous. Just so pretty. Crazy thing though, It was so hot the other day, and she was just sitting there freezing. She says it's cold here. Yep, I'm going to die walking around in the philippines. The mission president seminar is over, which is good because it was just way too crowded. Security did go up, but you couldn't really notice it much because everyone's already in suits and ties anyway so they just blended right in. I'm not in the new mission they're creating, which is the Quezon City North Mission. I don't think anyway. I think what I heard they're doing for that mission is taking parts of the Manila mission and parts of the already existing quezon city one and combining them. Chase freaking cracks me up. I may need to have a discussion with him about his taste in girls :)

I finally made some gym friends and it's the greatest thing ever. We don't really run much, but we usually do at least 1-2 miles or something around there. I just like it because they think like me so I can be completely myself and honest and I know they're not going to judge me. One is Sister Dyer, who is also my roommate and so great, and then Sister Packard, who is also headed to the Manila Philippines mission. We do a lot of toning things and right now we're working on dips. Yeah, I'm a wuss I've come to find out. But they're so great. I just love them to death.

The language is coming. Seriously, so much quicker than I could ever hope. Yesterday at TRC my teacher told me he's never seen a missionary use so much Tagalog in a lesson after being here only 2 weeks. It made my day. I'm being helped so much, it's incredible. When they talk about the gift of tongues, it's for real. It really hit me this week, I didn't learn Spanish to learn Spanish, I learned Spanish to learn Tagalog. Sister Iosefa was a bit homesick this week so it was kind of like an emotional rollercoaster, but it's getting better now. I think she's starting to assimilate. Also this week, the MTC president from the Philippines MTC came and taught us. Holy cow, it was the coolest thing ever. I wish I could type out some of the good stories I have from the week but I'm out of time.

Things to send with the package: waterproof, one of my white V-neck shirts just the tshirt ones, the missionary stories from Grandpa, you know the ones that mugs emailed around to everyone. I just thought those would be fun to have. And also I need a black thin belt. One that's about 1/2" thick and long enough to go around my hip area, not just around my ribs. and not shiny/glossy or whatever, just simple. That's all I can think of though. I'll keep you posted :)

Anyway, I love you so much and so grateful for everything. I'll talk to you next week!! Ingat po!

No comments:

Post a Comment