Monday, December 19, 2011

Staying Put for Another Transfer


Hello my family!!!

So......Transfers tomorrow. I just found out what'll happen to me. What's your guess? Am I staying or going?...................I'm staying. Yep. Sister Ramilo is training and is getting transferred and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Ok, actually, that's a lie. I know exactly how I feel about it. I don't want to stay. You know how sometimes you just feel like you're outgrown a place? That' me right now. I've decided to adjust the words to, "I'll stay where you want me to stay dear Lord". Definitely be praying for some patience this transfer. Bhhhhhhh.

The bagyio that happened here is actually down in Mindinao, in the city that my companion, Sister Ramilo is from. We text her aunt through an investigator and found out her family is ok, but the whole city is basically destroyed. About 20 members from their stake died, most of them little kids. We were pasaway for a bit and watched the news at a member's house. Absolutely incredible. As in the entire city is gone off the map. The flood was over 30 feet high. I feel so bad for all of them and right before Christmas. I'm just glad that her family is ok. And no we didn't have to move everything by ourselves, thank heavens. haha.  The office elders came with their truck and helped us move.

Sigue, so updates for the week. Pretty much it's just a bunch of random stories for you this week. First of all, this is specifically for Leona and Huss...I can't remember the guy's name, but you know the guy on Prison Break? The one that's super gorgeous? Well, there's an elder here that is so so beautiful and I figured out this week they are look a likes. As in, I sat there trying to figure out who he reminded me of and then it clicked. No wonder half the sisters have a crush on him. haha. This one's for Ryan....my next door neighbor is a Friends fan! Every morning about 10:30 AM I hear, "so no one told you life was gonna be this way". Bahaha, too funny. Sometimes, I have to be honest, I try and listen in and see which episode it is :)

So this week has been a little different. I feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt. For reals though. We started hunting down less active members. It goes about like this. We go to the place where the address says they supposedly live, then we ask people there if they know them, and they tell us to go ask down the street because the people there have lived there longer, then we ask them and they tell us the numbers have been changed to the houses and to go ask the guard who has the master list of who lives in the subdivision, then we go ask the guard and he tells us there is no list, and there's actually two subdivisions with that name and the other is at the other end of our area. Or we go to a member, and ask if they know this person, and they say, well no, but I think this member does, so we go to their house, and they give us an area where that person used to live and then we go there and start all over with the asking questions. Hahahaha. I wish I were kidding, but I'm not. It's seriously a scavenger hunt, like finding a needle in a haystack. Actually, more like trying to find one individual in an area with over 200,000 people. Oh wait, that's exactly what it is. It's gonna take a while, lets just say that. But we're sure to have fun while we work so we don't get too bored :)

We actually taught our next door neighbor this week. He started asking us questions about who we were so of course we were super happy to let him know :). My goodness, he has some seriously deep questions. We were just talking about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, as in the first part of lesson 1, super basic and Sister Ramilo mentioned that God has a body of flesh and bone. That's just routine. And he goes, wait so if God has a body, does that mean that he came to earth and had the same experience we have? Yeah, that's the first time I've ever had an investigator ask that. So crazy. they just moved this week, but we'll be sure to forward their address. We also taught the plan of salvation to another investigator this week....get this. They didn't like the plan of salvation. As in, they were sincerely upset. Ha, I couldn't figure it out. We teach them the restoration, no problems, which is usually where people disagree the most. But the plan of salvation, they can't accept. They were upset there was no purgatory and there should only be heaven and hell. Not kidding. Go figure that one. That's about all for this week. It's been kind of off what with finding less actives and the holiday's and such. Oh yeah, I forgot! Our ward Christmas party was bomb! Seriously, so much fun. Every auxillary did a dance and honestly, just so funny. Loved it. It was a good break to feel like there's is actually a holiday coming up.  

 Anyhow, that's all. I love you all and I’ll talk to you soon! Actually sooner, than I'll be emailing again!! Holy hannah's, time is flying. Have a fantastic week. Merry Christmas!
 
P.S. Holy cow, Kim Jong-Il died!! Who's taking over? His incompetent son or the 5 star general aunt who doesn't know a thing. I'm dying for the BBC right now. Go figure :) One more question...how's the presidential race going?  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment