Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years 2012


Hello my family!! Holy cow, has it only been a week since we talked on the phone. I feel like it's been a month.

I do not like all of you right now. I have 3 emails from all of you and I still don't know where Chanae's call is to and now I have to wait another week to find out.

So lets see, this week....So I've been sick for the last 6 days. Yep. I think I seem to contract about every virus or flu available in this place. I have honestly had a flu, fever, sinus infection, or cold my entire mission and I'm pretty much sick of it. Today I'm just still really drained and tired. We thought it was dengue at first because it was 3 straight days of a high fever and then I got rashes when it went down. But the fever came back, and the rashes are still here. (I look like a big cherry actually) We're not sure what it is, but whatever. I'm just ready for it to be done. But I guess to be positive, my companion has been an absolute gem and helped me out a ton. So nice. I think I'll learn a lot from her. She's totally focused on the people and actually helping them to understand and progress and I love that about her. She's going to be great I think. She did tell me though that I speak Tagalog with a Spanish accent. Haha, go figure, eh?

So New Years here is CRAZY!!! Honestly, the best way I can describe it is like WWII going off outside my window. As in, everyone starts shooting fireworks around 9:45 pm and they go non stop til about 2 in the morning. Anything ranging from firecrackers to straight up aerial fireworks. Absolutely insane, I wish I could describe it. Let's just say, super hard to sleep but way cooler than the Stadium of Fire by far. Next year hopefully I won't feel so stinking sick so I actually feel like staying up and watching. Missionary work is not so fun on the holidays, I gotta be honest. Everyone goes home to their families, or is drunk, or is with their family and they don't want the missionaries. And to be quite honest, I don't really blame them. Pretty much no work on the holidays though. Thank heavens they're over!

So we have a sweet new investigator, sister Nilda. She's the greatest thing ever. She's the caretaker of the patriarch and so they've talked to her a lot about the church and such. She's in her 40's, has 6 kids and her husband died last year, so now she lives here and is the caretaker for the patriarch and his wife. She comes to church every week though and she just goes, "your church is just something different". The first thing she said she learned in our church was that you have to dress decent. She goes, "they told me that I needed to wear sleeves and a long skirt when I go to church with them because I can't be dressed sexy sexy in front of God". Haha. Too fun. She's SUCH a sweetheart though and she's super sincere. I'm excited for her.

That's about all I can think of right now. Wait, one more thing. I don't care if Chanae told you not to say a word to me. I do love her, but if I open my email next week and I STILL don't know where that girl is going on her mission, someone's going to die. That's all. Love you all! Hope you have a fantastic week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment