Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finding Lost Members


Hello my dearest family!!! 

Um, so those pictures are absolutely crazy! There is seriously no snow at all. Such a sad day. Whenever I think of Utah right now, there's of course snow, pero pala, wala. Weird weird weird. There better be snow when I get there next year or else I'll be sorely disappointed.

I'm so glad that dad is so alert that he saw my email come in. It honestly made my day that I was able to talk to Chanaela! Holy hannah, Tahiti! I'm still dying. She'll be such a great missionary though, I have no doubt.  Seriously, I was just sitting at the computer with tears running down my face because I was so sad. Haha. Like I said, kind of a rough week. No worries though, I'm on the recovery. I had a minor moment on Sunday....don't try to fast when you haven't really eaten all week. Not a good plan. I'm just not hungry so I didn't eat basically all week. Yeah, my blood sugar dropped below what I think you'd deem as normal and healthy. Haha, so ridiculously embarrassing. BUT, right now..... no more sickness!...hopefully. It's not really sickness though. I believe, actually no, I know, it's stress. And it's not just me. You should see how many of our missionaries have gone down in the past month. Sister Lorente can't even keep food down because every time she eats she just pukes it up. It's not a sickness, it's mental and it's due to stress. And it's not so good seeming as she's epileptic. But it's just hard because you have absolutely NO outlet for your stress. You can't just sit down and watch a movie for the night, or listen to music, or go on a run (I'd kill to be able to just leave everyone and go for a run!). You get to wake up at 6:30, study, eat lunch, go out and work for 9 hours, come home, plan, go to sleep and start all over again. You don't ever get to have a second to just....collect yourself for heaven's sake. So it just builds and builds and builds til you get sick. And that's what happened. We actually talked about stress management at district meeting this week. I tell you, I think it's an epidemic in the mission right now. Mostly because we're all super young, most of us have only been out 6 months or less and we're already zone leaders, district leaders and senior companions. Makes for a lot of expectations and a lot of pressure, especially when you don't really feel like you know what you're doing. So I'm pretty sure it's not allergies, so no worries about the pills.   
 
So updates from the week! Seriously, I'm trying to think....the focus has really shifted toward reactivation and less actives. As in, they really don't care if we have baptisms. If they're not truly converted, they don't want them. So all week we just hunted down members. Seriously, hunting though. It's like Jeremiah 16:16 for real life. Haha. We were able to find a lot though, 18 for this week. We haven't taught them yet though, just sat and talked with them. Found out about their lives, their history with the missionaries, etc. With a lot of them, it's so sad because it was just little by little that they fell away. They stopped going to RS because they had a little kid, and then they would miss maybe once a month, then just little by little, they became inactive and now have a word of wisdom problem or other vices. Sheesh, I'm struggling typing this in English right now.  Wow, wish you could see the struggle to find these words. So yeah, it's crazy. Just a testimony to me how the little things seriously just matter. They don't seem like they matter, but they make ALL the difference. It's just like, through small and simple things great things are brought to pass....whether those great things be good or not so good. So that was about our entire week it felt like. 

So that's all for now. I hope I'm not forgetting anything....Haha, seriously struggling to think right now. I love you all though and hope you have a fantastic week! Mahal na mahal ko kayo! Ingat kayo diyen!!

Love me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment