Monday, March 5, 2012

Awesome Mission Conference


Hello hello for another week from the Philippines!! For questions, comp has been out 15 months. She has 3 left. Yes, the bucket is the shower. The other sisters speak English, but it's broken and sometimes hard to understand. Haha. So we stick to Tagalog. They're actually better at understanding it than speaking it. I get to play the piano about once a transfer. So not very often, but at least a little right?  Nothing else I need for my birthday. I'm set to go here. If anything, just milk :) Shoot, every time I read about the presidential race I just want to find a newspaper! But thanks for the updates. I always appreciate them. 

So catch ups for this week. First things first about mission conference. Elder Nelson is from the 70 and holy cow, it was SO awesome. I'm kind of sad that I only get one on my mission. But there were two talks I really loved. The first was Sister Nelson. She talked about, "Nelson's do diversity". It was about loving your companion. Haha. I may have gotten a little thrashed by the spirit, but it's ok because I totally deserved it. She is an amazing speaker though. And she's got a firey personality. I like it :) Then Elder Nelson talked about receiving personal revelation. He talked about the Joseph Smith story and how it shows that any one, who ever they may be, has the right to receive personal revelation and then we talked about how to go about doing that. We studied in Nephi 11-14 and a lot of other scriptures as well and basically mapped out the way to receive personal revelation. And you know what, this is something I've been trying to figure out for about 3 years now and I just haven't gotten it down. But after we compiled all these scriptures and put them together, it just makes so much sense for me now. My faith has seriously grown. If we ask, he will answer. It's an eternal principle. We just have to go about it the right way and with enough faith. I absolutely loved it. So that was a good part of the day. Pres and Sister Delamare spoke too which was also awesome. One thing Elder Nelson said too was that when he had the chance to go with Elder Oaks to assign missionaries to their missions, sometimes Elder Oaks would put them in a certain mission, not because of the place, but because of who the mission president was. I think that's part of why I'm here. Only part of it, but I feel like it contributed. Also he said, as a missionary, don't ever forget how important you are. He said that each time they meet for meetings during general conference, the very first meeting they have in the temple, they start with a series of prayers and the very first prayer is always for the missionaries. He said, you have no idea how much time and concern is dedicated solely to the missionaries. Don't every forget how important your role is and how much we love you. I thought that was pretty awesome...good boost for our soon to be missionaries in the fam. Then the last 2 hours of the conference, we get to ask any question we want. So of course we got some pretty sweet information, about when they reorganized the first presidency, about other internals things with the church. And just other random questions to doctrinal information. So next time I gotta brain storm for some good questions. If you think of any, let me know and I'll ask it next time :)

Other randoms from this week. I found the big dipper! I've been looking for that thing for 6 months now. Apparently it's only out here in the early morning.  Transfers are next week which means I won't be emailing until Wednesday. We'll see what happens. Pretty sure I'll be staying here for a good while. I'm feeling my comp might just go. Anyhow, that's all for now that I can think of. I'll add a karadugan here if I think of anything else. But love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! Mahal ko kayo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment