Saturday, March 17, 2012

Transfer Day...No Changes


Hello my dearest family,

Oh man....so we just had transfer announcements. Shoot guys, you ready because you're just about to get a whole lot of venting from me that I've bottled in for the past 6 weeks. We're not transferring. I'm with the same companion in the same area and I literally could cry right now.  I feel like I've reverted back to high school all over again where I don't have a say anymore and I just let it all bottle up inside of me instead of sticking up for myself and there's no outlet of running. But not an option. I wanna trust that this is the companion God wants me to be with, but shoot, I'm struggling.

On to something else before I tear up in this computer shop. Ha. So updates for this week! We had MTC tours this week. They just finished the new MTC in Quezon City (it's SO nice) and we were the tour guides for the open house last week. It was pretty good. We were there for 2 days out of the week so pretty much patay sa work namin. But no worries. Funny stories from that though. I met this gross old man. For reals though. He's 85 years old, from Rexburgh, Idaho. And just icky, hard to describe. Just kind of a creepiness about him. So of course he wants to talk to me because I actually speak English. So we're talking, and I asked him what he's doing here in the Philippines. and he goes, my wife died (like that explains everything or something). And I go, so you came here for retirement? And he goes, no to find a wife. And up comes his 35 year old wife and grabs his hand, and I'm barfing in my mouth as she's talking about it doesn't matter what your age is as long as you have love. And I'm thinking, yeah right, total gold digger. I've lived in the Philippines long enough to know how that works here. ew, ew, ew. Seriously disgusting. I just don't understand that at all. Did you even love your wife? is what I wanted to ask him. Gross. Other weird story. So a few elders came over from the MRC to chill with us while we waited for people to tour. Oh yeah, MTC's like the hospital place for missionaries from the entire Philippines. Anyhow, towards the end of the day, one of them comes up to me and goes, did you work back east in Bennett's office? And I'm going, ah....do I know you?? And he goes, you probably don't recognize me. I look way different now. My hair was longer back then". And then it all came back and I was like, "Wait, you're the kid from the copy room!".  Haha, yep. We both had projects we were working on and were together for like 2 hours in the copy room in the senate building. So of course, 2 hours, you start to chat right. Seriously too funny. Such a small world. We caught up on life, the mission, people we knew from DC (he worked in Hatch's office), just like we were the best of friends or something after only talking to each other for a total of 2 hours in our entire lives. Hahaha. Too funny. Kind of got asked on a date too. Haha, weird moment, but I just laughed. Anyhow, those are my two stories from MTC tour.

Sister Lorente had a seizure last week. She's epileptic so not super surprising but still. She's ok, but she calls me from the hospital and goes, So guess what? I'm watching Harry Potter 7 P1 right now. I thought she was kidding. Nope, that's what was on TV in her room. She's doing ok now though and back to her area so that's good. The work is coming along here. Sister Macaranas and I found a family a couple weeks ago that we've been teaching and they are honestly so fantastic. Sister Dina and Anthony. They're young, 18 and 24 and have a 1 year old daughter who is so cute. They have so much faith. They already believe it's true and are still praying for an answer. You don't find a ton who immediately have faith like that. They've been coming to church too. I'm just so excited for them and it makes me super happy! As I've been here longer you can just honestly tell who gets it and who doesn't. Something it will just click for them and because of that, they'll be the one to ask when church is, or what they need to do; those are the ones who are prepared and ready. I love it and so grateful for the help in finding them. We have another new investigator too, Sister Jackilyn, who's a friend of a member. We've actually never met with, just in passing or when she's at the member's house, but it was our first time. She had an appointment, but she didn't go and instead waited for us to come to her house because she feels like she just needs help with her family and her life. It's incredible sometimes how much trust they put in you to help them solve their problems. And most of the time as I listen I go, I have no idea what to do. I'm just a little 21 year old girl, I have no idea about this kind of thing. But then I remember how the gospel seriously can solve any problem. Sometimes I forget the power of the message we bring. That Christ lives and the heavens are open, ready to help us.

So that's all for this week. Wish me luck this transfer. Shoot. I need to get a better attitude maybe. Ha. Love you all and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment