Monday, April 30, 2012

New Comp


Hello hello to my long lost family!

Shoot, so these past few days have flown by. So let me give you the lowdown. Transfer day…on our way to Quezon City, I go, you know, I’m pretty much cool with anything (after last time, I can take it. Ha), just don’t give me a foreigner. Reason being, all of the foreigners are now younger than I am in the mission, meaning, they don’t know much Tagalog. Patay. That was my only request. Haha, as irony has it, of course, I got a foreigner. And I’m LOVING it! Haha. But for reals. My new comp is Sis. Shumway, from Cedar Hills, Utah. Typical Mormon girl; we’re pretty much just twins here. And can I just say, I did not realize the whirlwind of culture I’d been living with for the past 3 months until this moment of fresh air. I finally have someone who knows what I’m talking about when it comes to pop culture or nuanced jokes. The other day she said, “um, I’ve just been turned into a cow…can I go home?” I’ll give 10 pesos to whoever can name that movie first. My bet is on Tyler. Anyway, I busted up laughing. It’s just so great to have someone who thinks like you. Even just in broad ways. We’re definitely not similar, but at least we have a few things in common that helps. And she’s actually pretty good at Tagalog. And it’s crazy too because being with another foreigner, it makes me realize I actually know more than I think. And if I don’t know it, I’m not afraid to ask. Like the jeepney driver from last night…”brother, what does ‘maghahain’ mean?”. Haha. It’s been a good few days.
So not many updates for you. Transfer meeting was hilarious. Sis Lorente and Sister Losefa are together, which makes me so happy for them… two of my very favorite people. Sister Lorente said I have a Morong accent to my Tagalong. I just started laughing. Manifestations I’ve actually been here longer than I think. Elder Gallacher and Elder Fackrell are together. You’d have to know them, but haven’t laughed so hard in my life. 
 
This week we've been finding new investigators. We've pretty much narrowed down the less actives in our area to the ones with potential to progress and the ones who hate our guts. Ha. We ended up running into a man who is a welder for construction at the MTC. He’s been working there for a while now, and when he found out we were Mormons, he was super excited. He loves the temple! He doesn’t even know what it really is, but he still loves it. He said, he always has the best feelings there and his favorite is angel Moroni. "yung tao na nakatrumpet siya". He mentioned it like 5 times. Haha. Too cute. He’s had great experiences there where the spirit has touched his heart and by the end of the lesson, he was so excited, he just wanted to be the one to pray. Then he gave us the name and address of his wife so we can go to their house to teach them. The Lord has his ways of softening people’s hearts before we even get to them. Astounds me every time. 

That's about all for this week. I'm pretty much dying of heat...but for reals.  Get this. I usually drink about 3 liters of water before we leave the house, about 1 liter or more during the day (it's too heavy to carry more) and then about 2 more when we get home...I'm STILL dehydrated.  I'm seriously swimming in a pool of sweat.  Much love to you all and I'll talk to you soon! Have a fantastic week!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment