Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Temple Adventure Day


Bahahahaha! So first of all, let me just tell you about this day!! Oh my goodness, this is one of those Nauvoo adventure days where you sink to the ground outside the car rental because you're just so exhausted, but at the same time you can't help but laugh because you know you'll remember it for the rest of your life. Haha, for reals.

 So this is how it went. Got up at 5, left at 6 am for Quezon City to go to the temple. But our session wasn't til 10. We had to go early because we had a doctor’s appointment for my comp. Went to the doctor, got the cockroach out of her ear that had died in there (disgusting, right!), got to the temple around 8:30 to wait and found out, it's not just 1/2 of our mission there, but also half of Manilla Mission AND Quezon City North Mission. The earliest session they could get us in was noon. Ha. First moment. So the temple is of course in the middle of this ritzy area so no internet shops and nothing else close so what do we do, so we wait. And I think the entire MTC was there. SO MANY MISSIONARIES. For reals though, and so many people I met in the MTC from other missions. Absolutely insane. Found out I no longer know how to socialize. That was discouraging.  Finally got into the temple, (ay, salamat!). It was a breath of fresh air I've been dying for for the past 3 1/2 months. Got out around 2:30.     

 Then went to the mall to run some errands. But no worries, had to walk there, so that took forever. And note, we're with a group of 12 missionaries where neither of the DLs want to take charge. Patay. We eat lunch, buy our things, get out of there around 5:30.  We can't figure out how to get home, because well you see, it's not any of our areas and we're in the dead center of QC with a million jeepneys going a million different directions. We finally figure that out, get to the right place and EVERY jeepney is full for the next 1 1/2 hours. Haha, you think I'm kidding? I'm not! So about 30 minutes ago, we finally flagged down a taxi that would take us across the river. Shoved 8 of us into one taxi, Elder Alverez lost his camera, my companion is mad at all of us and started crying (still not sure what exactly happened there) and it is now 8 o'clock PM, we're still stuck in the middle of the city and hopefully can figure out the right jeepney to take home. Bahahahaha.

 OH MY HEAVENS, talk about a LONG day. So that's the reason you're just getting this email now. We just decided to find an email shop before we attempt to figure out how to get home. Seriously hilarious!! I just laughed and laughed because I know one day, we won't all be so irritated about this. We'll just remember this day and laugh at how incredibly insane it was. So yep, that's all for now. Pretty much out of time. Next week is transfers though so it'll be next Wednesday that I'll email. We'll find out if I’m transferring or not. Ha, get this. I actually don't want to transfer. I'm loving the area, the people. I'm content here, not to mention adjusted. I have/had a lot of stories for you, but next time na lang. Love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

PS, that's crazy about Romney. I'm dying to see the news right now, for reals though. But I gotta admit,  I’m lovin' it that Mormonism is hitting the spotlight. :)  


2 comments:

  1. SERIOUSLY!!! cockroach DEAD in her ear that has to be professionally removed!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dying. Dying. dead.
    I had a spider in my ear once during girls camp and thought for sure it had laid babies/eggs in my ear and they would hatch, eat my eardrum and on and on.
    Ok. Candace. Glad she can turn stress into humor. Much love. Bre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. As a Mom I had to be grateful it wasn't Candace, but I still felt for the other girl. Yuck!! I'm glad she can find the humor in it all :)

      Delete