Monday, May 28, 2012

Time has Gone by WAY Too Fast


Oh my pamiliya!!! So crazy! Can we just have a moment and say it's transfers next week. How is that even possible?!?! I'm praying I don't transfer. I'm not quite ready yet. I just want one more. One more is all. We'll see what happens though. But that means, I won't be emailing til next Wednesday just as a heads up.

Reactions: yeah, hair is pretty much a mess. On our companionship bucket list for when we get home (we have one here and one when we get home); straighten our hair! Welder from the MTC is sadly still welding at the MTC. We've only taught him once because he's always at work in Manila. We'll see. Sister Dina still doesn't have a baptism date because they're saving to get married. She's still just as awesome as ever. Never seen someone so dedicated with reading. She's already almost done with 2 Nephi and is in chapter 8 of gospel principles. Seriously one of my favorites ever. Also on the bucket list is to go to the Manti temple. I seriously want to get into this whole family history thing. One of my goals to keep me busy when I get home so I don't go crazy. Someone asked me that the other day, what I was going to do when I got home, and I said, no idea, it's forever away. Then I counted. Hindi pala, it's like 7 months. Shoot, made my heart sick. This has gone by WAY too fast.

 So I'm kinda short on time this week, so I think I might just send pics because they speak a thousand words each right? That'd take me forever to type that :) a few updates for the week. We met this crazy guy. Haha, well, he was actually quite sane. But get this...he's read the B of M, D & C, Pearl of Great Price, and JST of the Bible....and he still doesn't get it. Not even kidding you. He just wanted to debate with us and tell us what the real answer was to all of his questions. We just told him, the only way to know is to ask God. He doesn't think that's allowed. Anyway, the best part of this is...he totally slapped me! Bahahaha. Not even kidding you. It was more like a love tap, but still, shocked me just the same. We left there just laughing. The work is going just the same. I could probably sit and tell you a million stories about a million different people, but no good quick stories are popping up. The latest news from last night:  2 of our recent converts, their dad just died last night. They're the oldest (20 yrs old) and second oldest (17) of 6 children and their mom is pregnant with #7 right now. Their dad was a member but has been less active since he was baptized as a teenager. And you wanna know the sad part of it all.... the reason it all went down was because "napatrouble", which means basically a street fight, which means, they were all drunk. So sad and so preventable. My heart aches for them. 

So we had a zone activity today. Hence the short on time. I held hands with a monkey. Almost rivals shaking hands with an apostle of God, but I think last week's still takes the prize. I forwarded some pics from Sis Shumway. We went to the falls again, and then went to this sanctuary place with a big statue/temple thing. Who knows. But it was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. The one with the 2 guys and the rocks...they stack them on top of each other. It's pretty much wicked sweet. Anyhow, that'll all I can think of for now. I'll talk to you all next week. Have a fantastic week! Much love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment