Monday, September 17, 2012

Jeyar working on Mission Papers!!!


Hello my dearest family!!!                                   

Oh man, let me just tell you how sad I am I missed out on wood day....Not. Ha. But I love that you got to meet Sis. Losefa's parents!! Seriously love that girl. PS, sounds likes the world is in chaos. Is that anywhere near to where Ryan is?? And congratulations to Kalli!!! Holy flip, I can't believe it. People my age have babies...the thought blows my mind. Haha, but so happy for them of course!!

So good news, the lice is gone! They have shampoo here that's pretty much like dumping permetherine on your head. Haha, smelly, but affective. About the Mangyans, sometimes they have on pants, but lots of times just a loin cloth. I haven't seen any topless women though, thank heavens. Ha, it'd make me think I'd been transferred to Africa or something...poor Ryan. Other questions...no, we most definitely do not cover all of San Jose. There's 4 companionships here to cover it. Our area is only in Brgy. Pag-Asa, and Caminawit. Caminawit is the area with all the drunk sailors and drug addicts. There's a port there so they can smuggle things really easy. 

Bahaha, speaking of drunk guys. There's this guy that was following us on his bike and he kept trying to talk to us. Totally drunk, it's 2 PM ps. We just didn't give him the time of day. Then about 2 days later, we're teaching a lesson and the door is open, and what do you know, Brother Fernando walks up and starts going, "Sisters, come teach me. I need help. I want to change. I just live behind the house here"....totally drunk. As in plastered. I told him, brother, we're not coming to your house if you're drunk. Stop drinking. And he goes, I promise, on Tuesday I won't drink. Will you come visit me? Ha, we'll see brother. I feel so bad for him. It's usually the drunks and the addicts that are the ones that want to change, but they just don't know how. Hence the excess in the vices department. I'd say about 60% of converts that are now strong members were once a drug addict or an alcoholic. So crazy. I have no idea how many people are in the town and there's about 800 members on the roll....about 140 that come to church. Most off and on. About 50% are offended members. I think I've decided the 2 hardest doctrines of the gospel for people to grasp and fully understand are agency and forgiveness. Honest to goodness though, I am just meant to teach Less Actives for my mission. Our area holds about 60% of the less actives in the Branch. Shoot, I have been so flippin' bold in this area. It's like you have to be, or nothing just gets through. 

We did do a bit of finding this week though.  Got in the door of about half, then only about 1/2 of those even listened. Ouch. It's a pretty rough area.  But we had one really great find! Brother Flor. He's in his 60s, has a disability, lives in one of the biggest houses in our area. He doesn't have a religion because he's tried so many and he said he has never felt that any of them ring true. He can't feel anything, so he's never joined any of them. We were just walking by the house and the gate was open. We saw him sitting on the porch and just waved and he waved us in. Sweet. He told us he feels like it's a sign because with us he feels different. Oh, the church is so true. He's gone this week, but I'll for sure keep you updated.

So my companion, Sister Madelo was in Tandang Sora for her last area so this week I got the updates about everyone there back in my first area.   You wanna hear the happiest thing ever!! You remember Jeyar? When Sister Madelo left he was working on his mission papers! Oh my goodness, so stinking happy I couldn't stop smiling. I miss all those people there. Sister Madelo and I served in all the same areas. Ha. Her first was Morong 2, then Tandang Sora 1, my first was Tandang Sora that got split, and then Morong 1 and 2 for one transfer. Now we're here together. So crazy. 

Also.... I registered to vote! Which means I need some serious updates so I don't end up being one of those dumb voters who just pick a name. Ha, which is probably what I'll end up doing. Maybe the spirit will guide :) Whit, I know you just rolled your eyes. Haha. Alvarez and I had a 30 minutes conversation of Harry Potter Trivia...Ha, so incredibly enjoyable. But we forgot, what are the names of Neville's parents?? We couldn't remember. Anywho, I think that's all for now! Hope you have a fantastic week! Mahal na mahal ko kayo! 


No comments:

Post a Comment