Thursday, September 27, 2012

Spanish is Gone


What?!? I cannot believe you are in Washington DC right now!!! Ah, I just love that place. Maybe once I save up a bit I'll move back out there. Ha, Maybe.  . And Chanae's story is HILARIOUS!!! Bahahahaha! Oh my goodness, all too familiar with such mistakes. I seriously laughed out loud when I read that.  I'm sure Ryan's getting some extra protection too. Send them all his way....we're safe enough here. I still don't have a camera yet, but it should be coming this Saturday so I'll start taking pictures ASAP. P.S. I heard that USU beat the U? is that true??

So updates for this week!! Honestly, I'm sitting here trying to think of everything. Straight up, it was a rough week. This area is unlike anything I've ever seen. I know it will progress, it's just the test to keep the diligence and hope up. We had some great moments though this week.... Our investigator got an answer to his prayer about Joseph Smith so that was so happy. Haha, the best part is that Sister Madelo was not a fan of this investigator because he was in it more for an intellectual standpoint, out of curiousity more than anything. Now he gets it though. And of course we're super excited for him. Our less actives are still about the same. The hardest part of this area is being able to go to people consistently. Even if you set an appointment, they might be there, but they might not. You just never know. So it makes it hard to see progress because it's like you're starting from square one every time you go back... a wee frustrating. So we just  punted a million times and then go to the next one, the next one, the next one, etc. Shoot, I'm still trying to figure it all out. God is a smart man. He keeps me in my areas for so long because he knows I'm practically useless when I'm still pretty new. Haha. 

The branch is doing well. Quite a few false doctrines flying around every Sunday. Some make me laugh, but some are just straight up, Where is this coming from?? False doctrine from RS yesterday was God made us all different so that we could compete with each other and through that improve. Ha, huh? 

Other highlights from the week.. We had our zone activity just earlier. Haha, we did a picture scavenger hunt. I'm not going to lie, I actually kind of like being in isolation in Mindoro because it just makes us all close because, well, you have no one else. Super fun. All the Elders came up from Sablayan too, so I got to see some of the pictures that Lynn took out there. Holy hannah, it's absolutely beautiful. I sometimes forget I'm actually in the Philippines. 

Random question, What is the Spanish for "to ask". Honest to goodness, I have been racking my brains for a week now. We were trying to figure out how to pray in Spanish...hahaha, as in wala. Nada. Nothing. I can't remember a thing. It's hilarious. But good thing I'm remembering all this new Tagalog I'm learning here. That's the most important, di ba? :) 

That's all for this week. Totally lame, but I got nothing good to report. I'll keep better track next week. Love you all and I'll talk to you soon! General Conference is coming up soon! Ha, I heard it's in Tagalog here. I'm sincerely hoping that's just a rumor. It's so deep, the Philippinos sometimes don't understand the translation. Mahal ko kayo!! Ingat lagi!

No comments:

Post a Comment