Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving with the Whitings


Hello my dearest family!! I'm late emailing because, as is normal San Jose fashion, we didn't have power all day. Haha, gotta love it. They got it turned back on now, thank heavens. We had Thanksgiving dinner at the Whitings today and it was so much fun!! We all cooked and just ate and played games and hung out. Seriously so much fun. We even had mashed potatoes and gravy and apple crisp. Seriously, life is just more fun in Mindoro! Love the Whitings and Candlands. 

I'm so sad the snow is gone! It better come back before I do, or else. I'm ready to just roll in some snow, It's been so burning over here. I knew it felt hotter in this place! My goodness, 111 degrees...that's gotta be a record. Add the stickiness and no electric fan with no power...patay. Too bad swimming in the ocean is bawal :)

The fungus is back. my goodness, it's haunting me. And it's getting worse. And the doctor here is a joke. He thinks it's all in my head. Well, he's partially right...it is in my head, specifically in my ear. Haha. That was such a mom joke. Anywho, today I got a new medicine; it's an anti-fungal that works through the blood stream so we'll see how that works. Oh man, I'm praying it works. 

So my friends, are you ready for this update!?! As for the new girl in the apartment.....Bahahaha, it's Sister Suarez!!! Oh my goodness, I've never been so happy! I heard she was coming down and literally jumped in the air. This means, I have been companions with ALL 3 of my roommates right now. Haha, that hardly ever happens, and it's awesome! I already know them, their stories, weird quirks, and of course so many inside jokes and things in common. It's been so much fun. I think it was the Lord's tender mercy for me so that I can be with 3 of my favorite companions for a little while longer before we part. I truly feel blessed, you have no idea. I got all the updates from Morong too. It makes me so happy to see the progress they've all made. I'm super stoked to go back and visit them. Oh yeah, and I bought a PAT ring! That's super happy too. 

Sister Marisa had her interview this last week so she'll be getting baptized this saturday. She is stellar. In Tagalog that's about 500+ pages. Yes, I've read it in Tagalog, but only half way....about 380 pages so far. it's quite the process. We've been working with the Relief  Society in the branch as well....let's just say, I'm learning how to be a relief society president. haha. Our area really is starting to progress. I feel so grateful. 100% know it's nothing I've done. Heavenly Father just has a way of working things out the way he wants them to and I just follow along. It's hard to explain, but I know that's what's happened in this area. 

I hope boo had fun in DC. Seriously love that city. I'm gonna move there one day, if I can find a way to make that happen that is. Haha I'll see what I can do about the skirts. I've been thinking about what kind of dress I want made, don't you worry, way ahead of you ma :) 

Also, for calling on Christmas....how do we want to do this? When is Ry planning on calling. I seriously would love to talk to him, even if we just have to 2 phones together, I'm ok with that. Let me know when would be best for you. I'm still thinking over here. I think we can call though starting Dec 24 at noon until Dec 26 at 6. Something like that. I'll have to check again.

Anywho, hope you have a fantastic week! Sounds like the other missionaries are still doing well....just learning :) They'll look back though and be grateful for every one of those experiences. Love you all! Until next Monday! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment