Monday, December 3, 2012

Baptism this Week


Hello my dearest family and welcome to December!! Haha, I still feel like it's July. I'm seriously in a perpetual cycle of summer over here.

As for questions first, the fungus is still there I believe. Right now it's just like pressure in my ear with a twing of pain every once in a while. But who knows if it'll come back in full force. I started a new medicine last week, but walla. Nada. There's pretty much not much I can do. So we'll just hope it doesn't blow my ear drum or my equilibrium and pray it'll go away? I try not to think about it too much because there's really nothing I can do at this point. Gotta love being stuck in the middle of nowhere. The PAT ring, is the Tagalog CTR ring. It stands for "Piliin ang tama".  

I only have a few things to report this week. First of all, Sister Mariza got baptized on Saturday! Yay! She is honestly so amazing. She bore her testimony after the baptism and I found out things she'd never told us before. She said before she met us, she promised herself she would never join a different religion. She used to be Catholic. But then she met us and we told her just to ask God, and so she did. And after that, everything changed for her. She said, she sits and waits for us to come to the house because when we're there it feels different. She told her husband, it's a different kind of happiness, it's not a normal happiness. I think sometimes as people that have grown up in the church and have had the spirit with us much more on a regular basis than others, we honestly just don't notice, or appreciate it as much as we should. This week she asked us a question about polygamy; she asked why if in the 10 commandments it says to only have 1 wife, but Abraham had more than one wife. We explained to her a little bit, but honestly, if we would have told her, "we don't know", it wouldn't have made any difference for her. She doesn't need to know it in her head, because she can feel it so strong in her heart. Her faith is incredible. I feel priviledged to be the one to teach her.

You know the little kids that got baptized last month? Their parents are now fully back in the church. They just finished the Temple Prep classes and Brother Rodolfo has started saving for them to go to the temple. So excited for them. They're such an awesome family. And we're teaching Sister Felicia how to read. She's from the Badjao tribe where they literally build their houses on the ocean, hence, she didn't go to school at all growing up.

Brother Exequial moved to Pasig last Saturday :( It was a really sad day to say the least. But we made sure the missionaries there knew he was coming. His baptism is in a few weeks. Such a cute little old man.

I had an idea for us though! You wanna Skype on Christmas!?! The Whitings offered their computer to Skype at their house. That way you can meet my companion(s) and the Whitings too. I was thinking that if we Skyped, it'd probably be on Christmas day here, about 8am, so about 5pm for you on Christmas eve. I need to check with the Whitings first though and see if that's still ok. Also, if we did that, I'd need to have twit get my Skype ID and password off my laptop. I totally forgot it.

And one last thing....Can you send Grandma's Brownie recipe to me? I'm going to try and make brownies for Christmas, but if i can't figure out how to get them to cook, no worries, we'll just eat the batter :)

Love you muches! Don't worry mom, I'm going to buy material right after emailing :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment