Monday, February 27, 2012

Progression


Hello my dear family!

 So lets see...updates from the week. I'm honestly at a lost. I gotta be honest, although the week has flown by, the days have dragged on. My comp is a little...how would we say this....a master at wasting time. I'm trying to be patient, but my heavens. Work in progress. One of the days though I got to work with a traveling sister, which was so much fun! Sister Macaranas is who I worked with. She's the oldest of 8 and her entire family was baptized 3 years ago, she was the first. She is awesome. And her and I think alike, so we were able to get a lot of work done and the spirit was strong all day. Like a breathe of fresh air coming from this transfer. Haha. The work is going well....just the usual. We had 45 less actives come to church this week between us two companions, which was about 1/3 of the congregation! It's progressing, slowing but surely. We don't realize how lucky we are to come from wards that are experienced and structured. Most of the members here are just so young in the doctrine, they don't know all the commandments, let alone how to be in charge of an auxillary. Ha.Then the others think they know everything. Sometimes I just want Paul the apostle here to straighten it all out with his boldness. I'm reading in Corinthians right now and there are a few chapters in there that I'd love to just post on the announcement board in the entrance way for everyone to read. We're working on it. I didn't write very good notes about what happened this week so I don't have many stories for you, sorry. 

Tomorrow is our mission tour though. Elder Nielson will be speaking to us. I'm not really sure how the whole thing works, but we'll see. We have apartment checks too so we just cleaned all morning, which always makes me feel refreshed when you have a clean house. So this is something I've learned in the last month that just really hit me when working with Sister Macaranas. Sometimes in lessons I always am a little scared to promise a blessing to them because, what if it doesn't happen you know? But this week, it just really hit me. Me promising them a blessing first starts with MY faith. If I believe it will happen, then I can give it with all the power and authority that I need to, and then it's now dependent on THEIR faith. I feel like I've just learned so much about what it means to have real faith, to not doubt but believe it truly will happen. It's hard to describe, but the promises I give people now have power. Love it. I love being a missionary. It's been so fun to see the people here and their testimonies. And I also feel like I've learned what to do with my life and the kind of choices I do not EVER want to make because I've seen the consequences of that in their lives. Learning from others mistakes to the max. Anyhow, I love you all and hope you all have a fantastic week! 

Mahal ko kayong lahat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment