Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Transferred to Where? Stay tuned...


Hello hello hello from the sweaty, sweltering heat of the Philippines!!! (It's getting summer...I think I might just die!) 

So glad you finally all have some snow though! That's a way happy thought and I bet Ryan was thrilled. And can I just say, this means I have to wait to next week cuz his call isn't there yet. Shoot. Oh my goodness, I'm just so excited for them. I can't even begin to guess where he's gonna go. What are all of your guesses so far? Super exciting.

So today was transfer announcements....what are all your guesses? Stay or go?.........I'm going. It's weird, I'm kind of numb about it right now. Usually with transfers I'm nervous about companions, areas, what'll happen, but I'm just at peace right now. It's different, but I kind of like it. Ha. I'm super sad though. When they said transfer, there was a little part of me that wanted to cry. I just love it here. I love the people, the ward, my roommates. Shoot, I'm gonna be a mess when I leave the Philippines. Haha. I can just picture me sitting on the plane bawling. I just know that's what's gonna happen. Good thing it's not for a long time still. So I'll probably have a little cry when I leave here. It's just been my home here in the Philippines. Now we get a new one. I'm excited though to see where I'll go. Just praying for a good companion, as usual. 
 
For this week....honest to goodness, I'm trying to remember what even happened to us. I learned how to pronounce ng. Sheesh, I still struggle with that one. It's the most awkward thing in the world. In English, it's more up in the top of you mouth. Tagalog, it's like a ng from your throat and it's low. Needless to say, I'm pretty much horrible at it. Work in progress. Oh yeah, and I found my OYM bag this week!! You wanna know what's crazy, I knew I would. This is how it happened.  After I lost it, I just said a prayer that went something like this, "Dear Heavenly Father....so you know that story that President Monson told about his 5 dollar bill? Well, I kind of a have a situation just like that. I know it's just an OYM bag and totally replaceable, but I really just want it back. I know you can make that happen. So.....that'd be great. I'll check the toda tomorrow ok". Haha. For reals though. But after that it was like I wasn't even worried. I just knew I'd get it back. And I did!  The tricycle driver found it and text our number to say he had it. Which, can we just say, that kind of thing never happens here. Much more likely they'd take the books out and sell the plastic for recycling. Not even kidding you. So I was thrilled to say the least. Prayers are answered; just gotta have a little faith. 

What else from this week.....work is pretty much the same as usual. No psychos this week, nothing out of the ordinary. Just same-o-same-o.  Oh yeah, one last thing from this week. So I've been meaning to send you all of the funny superstitions they have here, but I keep forgetting. So I'll just tell you one from this week. You supposedly can't take a shower after you have a baby for at least a week. One of our less actives just had a baby and she has rashes all over because "she can't shower yet". I'm sitting there going, you have got to be kidding. There's more, but that's just the one from this week. Too funny. 

Anyhow, I'm out of time, so until next week. Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment