Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Freezing...Really!?!


Hello from the freezing one in the Philippines!! What, I know?!

Guys, it has rained non-stop all week and I am FREEZING! I haven't used an electric fan in days, broke out the good ol' SSHS sweatshirt for the first time (forgot how much I missed my hoodies), heated water to shower, and trying to snuggle up in bed with my little tiny sheet. Brrr. My guess is it's probably still 70 degrees. Bahahaha. Pathetic. But it's kind of a nice change. Feels like I'm actually experiencing seasons again. I'm gonna die when I get home. Ha. P.S. no flooding, a little in our area, but nothing out of the ordinary. 

Transfers.....same-o-same-o. Still with my comp in our area. I'm good with it though. One more and then I'll be out. Segovs got a new companion. Sister Curtis from Alpine Utah. Got to see Sis Losefa and Lorente. Love those girls. And a ton of other people. Lynn thought he was getting out of Morong. Nope. He's back in as ZL. He's been in the same zone for his entire mission, just different areas. Bahahaha, poor kid. Our whole zone just busted up laughing when that was announced. Al headed to Mindoro. Hilarious. 

So I have been writing Ryan a little bit each week when I forward my email to him. Loved his pictures though! His apartment is pretty crazy, but his companion is also pretty guapo. It sounds like he's doing ok though, which makes me happy. Can't believe Jess and Kalli are getting so close to having their babies! Holy hannah, it still feels like January to me, kid you not. And Not funny mom; Not Funny. I think the order is more like, mission, work, travel the world, work some more, get a masters degree, and THEN get married. Honestly, the idea nearly puts me into hyperventilation. Shoot. Can I just be a missionary forever please???

Updates for the week! I practically just emailed you yesterday I feel. So let me just brain storm here for a bit. Some random thoughts I guess from this week; So I've decided that the bible is like reading a general conference Ensign and expecting to understand everything they're talking about and everything about the gospel without any background or knowledge of basic doctrinal principles. I was reading one by elder Eyring and he mentioned "balm in Gilead". How would you even know what that meant with no background? It's like the bible; a lot of it was written to people who were already members of the church and had a knowledge of the gospel. No wonder the world is so incredibly confused. It's like trying to understand a college course when you never passed kindergarten. 
 
Hey, I just got an email!! Elder Bednar's coming to our mission and we're having a special fireside!! Next month. That's pretty sweet!!! I love my mission. We're at the center of the Philippines so we get all the cool things here. Anywho, I have a request. Could you send me a picture of beautiful Logan Huntzberger so I can show it to my comp?? Haha, weird I know. We were having a discussion about this the other day and we decided we're both visual people. We need a pic. 

So I've decided on the mission your biggest enemy is yourself. Let me explain. We had this discussion at lunch a couple weeks ago and it's just proving itself to be more and more true. In real life, you have problems with family, jobs, money, school, choices, roommates, etc. When your on the mission, you don't deal with 90% of that stuff and the 10% that you do deal with, you're constantly struggling to apply everything you've learned. You're so engrossed in the gospel, it's everything you do; so when it comes along that you have to be patient, you usually just end up beating yourself up wondering why you can't be more patient. Haha, you following me?? You know about charity, and faith, and hope, and patience, and all those other Christlike attributes you're supposed to have, but just as a person, of course you have weaknesses, so when you have to use it, it's just annoying because you struggle applying it. I don't know if that made any sense to any of you, but maybe Ryan will know what I'm talking about. I've experienced it my whole mission, but just now I'm finally figuring out why. Ha, slow learner? Gotta love the mish. You just learn things you simply cannot learn any other way. 

So that's all for this week my fam. No good stories. I'll keep better track next week. Love you all and I'll talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment