Monday, August 20, 2012

Open your mouth and it shall be filled


Dad, it's so good to hear from you!!! I miss our chats. I actually just got mom's hand written letter last week in mail run. Ha, gotta love the time gap in news. The thought of Instant text messaging actually blows my mind right now. Haha. So how are you all my family!!! They finally all made it into the field!! I feel like they were in the MTC for 2 weeks. But Dad, I can't believe you wrote me an email and not one update about the presidential race...what the?! :) 

So disclaimer: This email is going to be LAME. This disclaimer is mostly for Whitney so that she doesn't complain too much when I have no good news to share. I can't think of anything huge that happened this week, that's the problem. So I'm just gonna give you a list of the happenings

1: I finally convinced Curtis and we went running for the first time in 3 months. OUCH!! Bahaha, honest to goodness, I am sore everywhere. I forget how much of an overall body workout running is. Can't wait til I can work out so hard I can't walk.

2: We cleaned this old Nanay's house this week. She's 83 years old and just can't get around very well anymore. Tatay is 84 and had a stroke a few years ago and straight up, he can barely stand, let alone more. And most of the time when he tries to, he just collapses. And you wanna know the sad part about all of this. Their kids just live a little ways away and they don't even come and visit them, let alone take care of them. And their son is an RM, all members. LA granted, but still. Just came away with a greater resolve to take care of my parents (that's you, ps) better when they get old. My goodness, they sacrificed everything for you, it's the least you can do to repay them.

3. Brother Andy hasn't smoked in 3 weeks!!!! yay!!! I'm so proud of him. He just decided, enough is enough. So he stopped. His baptism will be next month. Incredible to see the difference in him. My favorite is that every time he reads the scriptures, he immediately thinks of himself. You get some people, and sometimes myself too, that when you read a certain scripture, you think of everyone else that needs to hear that. Not him; he just immediately thinks of himself and what it is he needs to do. Love it. 

4. My camera broke. Shoot. I don't even know how. But we're headed to the big ol' city to get it fixed today. Wish me luck. 

5: The rains stopped a bit. Apparently the flooding is still out of control in some parts of the city. I have no idea. Still isolated in Morong. Haha. 

6: So I had a realization this week. When I'm teaching a lesson, I've finally gotten into the habit that I don't think about what I'm going to teach or say. I just noticed this this week. Because here's the thing, if you think about it, you end up saying what you want to say, which usually is not what the spirit is wanting to say. But if you just sit there and don't plan or think or anything, the moment comes and you open you mouth and whoosh, you all the sudden just start speaking. And it's cool too because sometimes you have no idea where it's even coming from or it's something totally new for you, but it's the coolest thing ever! It's the scripture in D&C that says, "take no thought what you shall say; open your mouth and it will be filled". It is honestly impossible to do this work without the help of the Holy Ghost. 

That's all I got. It was just a normal week. Nothing too huge. Just the usual.... sitting on a Cauyan floor explaining about Joseph Smith. Ha, funny that's my "normal" in life now. Transfers are next week. Pretty much 110% sure I'll be headed out. I'm super super sad about it, but it's time to move on to a new challenge. The time is seriously flying though. Anywho, I love you all and I'll talk to you next week! Mahal na mahal ko kayo! Magingat kayo diyan hane! 


No comments:

Post a Comment