Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Transferred to...???


Hello my dearest family!!! First of all, holy crap to Chanae's pictures!!! I feel like she got photo-shopped into a calender, you've got to be kidding!! It's beautiful!! Defs going to be taking a little trip back to her mission. And Ryan’s mission sounds absolutely crazy. As in, straight up crazy. He sounds like he's adjusting ok though, so that's good. I can't believe he's already been gone 2 months. Time is flying! Love this...by the time we all get home, we can literally travel the world. Haha. 

So here we go again....transfer!! Yep, I'm headed out. President told me last week in interviews so my last week here was just a go go go week to try to get everything in and everyone visited so we can the leave the area in good shape. I've only cried a few times.... that I've counted. Haha. No, we've all just cried together, me and my anak. And it just adds to it that Sister Segovs headed home yesterday. How weird is that.  Shoot, it breaks my heart to leave this place. But it's how the mission goes, learn to love it, learn to leave it. Half the zone is going too so we'll see how it all turns out. Not sure where I'll be headed but I’m just praying for province. Ha, watch me head back to the city. Whatevs, it'll all work out.

News on the camera....we got a text that says it's fixed and come pick it up. But we'll see. If it doesn't hold, I’ll just have to buy a new one. Shoot. Hopefully that's not the case though. In all fairness, it has lived a good 5 years and been through many good memories.

So cool happenings from the week!
We have this member in the ward. They are honestly so poor. Every time we go there we try to take all of our extra food that we have just to help them out a bit. So we were talking about her reading in the Book of Mormon and she'd just read Mosiah 4 about giving to the poor. And get this.....they get 300 pesos a week for their budget. Let me just tell you, that will buy you nothing. Our food for us four in the apartment for the week is usually around 500 pesos. And there are 7 of them in the family and 5 boys going to school which is mahal. Anyway, she goes, don't tell anyone this, but when I pay my tithing I pay 100 pesos. Yes, you read that correctly, 1/3 of their income!! Because she said, she just want to help all those people who are really in need. She didn't realized that tithing and fast offerings were different, so we explained that to her. But just the mere fact that the poorest person is the one making the most sacrifices to help the poor. Huge lesson learned. And the best part was, she just went on to tell us all the blessings they get every week and how their money always ends up fitting their budget. They don't have extra, but they always have enough. Shoot, talk about faith. It's incredible. 
 
We had a service project this week at a member’s house. They building their houses from wood into cement blocks. We just helped fill in the floor of the houses, about 3 feet so they won't flood. This is the process...get this. They start digging a canal, with a pick and shovel, about 50 yards away, haul the dirt into a 5 gallon bucket, carry it to the house, dump it, walk back and go all over again. And we're filling in a floor with 3 feet of dirt. Do you have any idea how many 5 gallon buckets that is?!? Shoot. Luckily, a couple missionary came with us and brought their truck. Thank heavens. We had it done in an hour what it takes a whole day to do. I just kept thinking....my dad could do this in 5 seconds with a backhoe. Oh, the luxuries we enjoy.  

This last week, Sister Suarez and I were talking just about life and such and she says to me, "You're so lucky. You're family is your treasure. I want that for my family too". It's so true what she said though, my family is my treasure. I think I talk about my family 9 stories out of 10. The other 1/10 is music and movies. Ha. Seeing all different kinds of families and meeting so many different people has just been so eye opening to see how blessed I am with my family and the people that surround me. You are my treasure. 

Love you all and I'll talk to you next week! We'll see where I end up going! I'll give the scoop on our meeting with Bednar. Sups excited!! Mahal na mahal ko po kayo! Magenjoy kayong lahat diyan at magingat lagi! kita kits next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment