Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Typhoon...shmyphoon


Kumusta kayo!! 

Oh my goodness, I have to be completely honest. This week has been rough. In all senses. So I don't really have many good updates. I'm just glad it's over!!!

Typhoon, shmyphoon....yeah, it was pretty crazy, and the wind and rain was nuts, but don't you worry, we were still out working. The government might shut down, but there's no shutting down for us. Really, it's not all that bad. Just about 3 inches of water in the streets and you're soaking wet. One of the members in my ward described it as the rain is like heat seeking missiles....it seriously comes at you from all directions. There's no hope of staying dry at all.  But other than that....haha. I was actually cold yesterday though! I wore a long sleeve shirt and I was just a little bit chilled. Go figure. The city really isn't shut down. When they say that, it's just because people don't want to go outside for work or school. It's much worse out in the province areas. That's where all the flooding is happening. Four of the sisters from Marikina are staying with us right now. Their house hasn't flooded or anything; it's just a precautionary thing. It's pretty much over though, so no big deal.

I don't have my new companion yet. Transfer day is tomorrow so you won't get to hear about her til Monday. Sorry :) But yes, my other companion is gone. We dropped her off yesterday and she'll fly out tomorrow. They have a lot of going home activities and stuff.  This past transfer I just have really learned the value of the small and simple things. We think they're not important, so we don't do them, or we're not as diligent, or we fudge the line. Wrong, the little things are the most important ones, especially if we want to have the spirit with us. 1 Nephi 16:28-29 describes it perfectly I think. I'm so ready to hit the ground running. Hopefully my companion feels the same.

So we don't get to watch general conference live here. They used to do that, but it's at such a weird time, like 4 in the morning or something that not enough people were showing up to make it worth it. So instead, we get to watch a rebroadcast not this weekend, but the next weekend. So I’ll get to watch it a little late, but it's totally ok because I'm SO excited. Hopefully we can get a lot of investigators there with us. Some of the ward members ask me if I’ve been to conference before when they find out I'm from Utah and I always feel so bad because I'm going, yeah, usually every year. And they just are blown away looking at the pictures from the Ensign, let alone actually going. We are so so spoiled for sure.

Oh yeah, happy moment from this week! I finally convinced my companion to go running with me. First time in 6 weeks! I've never been so happy in all my life. We didn't go far at all and it was so super slow, but it was so great at the same time. Oh my goodness, I sure do miss it. There are no words. But my jump rope will just have to do for now.

Anyway, that's really all for today. I'll be talking to you pretty soon, just a few days and I promise my next one will be better :) Mahal na mahal ko kayo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment