Monday, October 10, 2011

Conference Weekend


Kumusta pamilya!!!

I cannot believe it's snowed there already. I'll just have you know I'm soaking up the sun in this tropical place....as beads of sweat drip down my face every time I pray. Haha. For my balut, it was 18 days old. And it's really more like eating a boiled egg than anything. It's really not too bad...if you ignore the dead baby duck wrapped around it :) Don't worry about the ziploc bags...I solved the problem. I have a ziploc for them from when I packed in the MTC. So I'm all over it :) I'm kind of nervous about how packages work though. We have to pay here when we get them and I've heard if they contain certain things you get smacked with customs fees. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I've heard that for clothes and that kind of stuff that they make here. I don't know. I guess we'll find out! Ha. Bagyo just means hurricane, typhoon, whatever you wanna call it. They just call them bagyos here. So there are a few areas in my mission that aren't pure city but not very many. For the most part, the province areas went to the QC north mission. I'm pretty sure anyway. Haha, I loved your question about the squatters areas. Well, you see, some of them have bathrooms that drain out into the drainage ditches, but some don't, so it just depends. Yes, they have phones that connect to the internet. They are very tech savy over here and facebook is huge. Some people even have two or three phones, all with different features or with different cell companies. I still haven't figured it all out yet. Ha. The whole cell phone plan thing they have here is confusing to me. And we just go to an internet cafe to email. They're everywhere.

So for this week....Let's see. This week has been so great. Mostly because I got to listen to conference. I have to be honest, the past 2 weeks have been really hard. I've just been struggling I feel with everything and the worst is....I can't go running to get it all out. I've been sick for the past 4 weeks now and this past week it turned into a sinus infection (which, ps, i accidently ODed on Antibiotics a couple days ago...ha, whoops. I was having a minor freakout. They don't give prescriptions in this place! But I'm good now, so don't you worry. Really though, don't worry), so yeah, I've been sick and feel so overwhelmed because both my companion and I are SO new and neither of us know what we're doing at all. So it's been rough. But then I got to listen to conference and I feel honestly 250% better. If that's even possible. That's funny you should mention Elder Uchdorf's talk because that was the exact talk that I needed to hear. When he said, there are 4 principles that we need to remember if we're ever forgetting God's love for us, and then he said "God calls on the weak things of the world to preach his gospel". And that's me. I feel so weak, and so inadequate. But after hearing his talk, I feel so much better. I'm ready to go now. I also loved Sister Dalton's talk...my favorite was, Father, you are you daughter's hero. Love you Dad. You really are my hero. Both my companion and I started laughing because we were both just crying. We love our Dads, that's all :)

Our area really is ready to flourish. We can go finding and not once have we been turned down. Yeah, some of them aren't entirely interested, but they still invite us in and let us share. Not once have we been given an outright no. And that's a miracle.

Let's see, what else from the week.... we have 2 baptisms this Saturday which I'm super excited about and then one more next week. We've found a few families too this past week that we're going to start teaching. It honestly is so much fun to be a missionary. It's fun to teach them truths that they just have no idea about and you know will just make them so much happier. I'm trying to brainstorm what else happened this week....it's all running together. Haha. I need to be better at writing things down when they happen apparently. This week, I'll do that. Promise. But instead of sitting here trying to think of things, I'm going to try and send you some pictures!! Hopefully this works. Love you all and I'll talk to you soon. I hope you have a fantastic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment