Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!


Kumsta family!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TWIT!!

So before I forget, I got your package last week! Thank you, you're practically the greatest. I just laughed at the contents and now have enough anti-itch cream to last me for the next year or so. And the jerky was a genius idea, I might add. Thanks mom, you're the greatest. And Oh my goodness, I was laughing so hard at the picture of Megan. Totally made my day. I'm not sure I'm hero material, but it's still cute.
The world still sounds like it's a mess. Thanks for the news updates though. I shouldn't, but I still just love hearing what's going on. I feel SO out of the loop with anything that's going on in the world. I like Ryan’s choices for his birthday…temple and snowmobiles Haha, I wouldn't expect anything less. I can't believe that it's November tomorrow. It's honestly blowing my mind how quickly this is going. Soon it'll be Christmas and that'll be only a year left. Ah, I don't like that at all. I'm good just staying here.  Mush sounds like she's rocking it up with soccer and everything. Of course, who needs make-up and barbies when you have Nathan and soccer? :) That's what I love about that girl.

So updates for the week....this week was pretty rough because, well we got punted like you wouldn't even believe. On average, between 5-10 times per day. Yeah, that's a lot p.s. By Saturday, Sister Ramilo and I were just laughing going, is this seriously happening AGAIN, as one of the investigators just stares at us through the window. Just stares. No shaking of the head, doesn't say anything, just stares straight at us til we left. Hahaha, typical of our week. BUT, we did have some shining moments and let's be honest, when everything is blough, it makes those shining moments so much better. We have two investigators right now that we're just so excited about. One is Sister Jescel; she's 33 years old, has 4 kids and her husband is just way nice. She came with us to temple tour last time and she came to church yesterday. We've only taught her a few times, but she already can feel it's true. When we gave her a Book of Mormon she just held it up to her heart and was so happy. It was the cutest thing ever. I don't even think we realize what we have until we see someone really appreciate it. Like the Book of Mormon; I know in my life, I definitely didn't read it as much as I could have. And then you give it to someone who understands it's value and they're just so happy. We're going to start teaching her husband this week. Completed family sila :) I love it. Then there's Myrna. Same way. She's just so excited to listen and learn. It's weird how there's this huge contrast of people that really want to listen and then others that just really don't want to at all. I love being a missionary though. Best use of my time I've ever had.

So this is my thought for the week....when we talked to people about Christ we always ask...so what happened to him after three days? And of course they answer, well he lived again. Genius. But it's like it stops there. No questions as to what he did after, what he's doing now, nothing. Just, he lived again. Well if he lived then, of course, he lives now! It's like it doesn't click or something. They think it's like he came, he died, the end. In 2 Nephi it talks about that. How false churches will teach that the work of God on the earth is done. That's what it's like. Like that was the end when in fact, not even close.

I'm getting to the point where I can pick out people's different styles of speech, like common phrases they use and such. it's hilarious. Sister Ramilo's is "pala" which is like, "oh yeah, I just remembered"; Sister Lorente, "ay nako" which is like "oh my goodness", Bro Noel's is Kuwan, which is like "what's it's name?". Haha, he uses it all the time and I'm just like, "you know, I actually don't know what its name is". Sometimes when he uses it I just get plain lost as to what he's talking about. It's funny. But yeah, it's weird because some days I'll totally understand everything and be able to talk and then other days.....nothing. Go figure. It's an adventure every time I walk out the door :) haha.

This little tidbit is for Scrat: we have a member in our ward that works for HP. Pretty high up too and he's always traveling to the states for conferences and work and such. Anyway, he spoke in church yesterday and had his laptop with him....it was a MAC. He knows what's up, just sayin'. Haha, love you Scrat :)

Anyhow, I'm out of time. But I'm going to try and send some pictures. Last time I sent pics, it erased some of them from my memory card! Dirty rotten. So hopefully that doesn't happen again this week. Mahal na mahal ko kayo!!! Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment