Monday, October 17, 2011

Look up...Step up...Cheer up...Be Happy:)


Hello my family!!!

Ma, congratulations!!! RS president, whoosh!!!! Haha, I love that. You'll be absolutely awesome, I have no doubts.  We are ALL getting shoved right out of our comfort zones...It's because then we have to rely on our Heavenly Father entirely. Yeah, I've learned that to the Nth degree, you have no idea. Haha. My new theme for my mission is the one from conference "We must look up and step up, and as we do we will cheer up, for God wants us to be happy". That's the motto I tell myself everyday as a reminder that I'm not alone in what I'm doing. And it really does work. This week has been phenomenal. Even if the lessons aren't amazing, or our investigators aren't progressing as quickly as I’d like, I still just feel so amazing and so good inside. Because I know I have God on my side and this is HIS work; so even if I feel like it's not working, it really is. Most of the things we worry about aren't of eternal significance, and if it is, God will help us. Yep.

They do have canned veggies and fruits here but they're expensive. But don't you worry, I've gotten creative. I've figured out how to budget my money so that I can spend it on fruits and veggies and then I just cut them up and freeze them so they'll last for the entire time. Yep, genius I know. I love it :) The bed bug thing...pretty sure it's not bed bugs. They're still there, but only once in a while. I think it's the water. Between wading through disgusting flood water and then our water we shower in of course isn't entirely pure...so I think that's where it's coming from because it's mostly concentrated to my hands and feet. But it's MUCH better now. It only itches every once in a while and now I've figured out how to make it stop...you just find the head of it, and pop it. Then it goes away. haha. So excited for Twit!! That's awesome. She'll pass with flying colors. I don't know what she's so worried about. Thanks for all the chatty letters that you send too mom. I love them. I just wish I could actually respond to everything, but alas, no time. And tell JoAnne thanks for her letter too. It made my day. And I just sat and laughed when she talked about showering...yep, story of my life.

So we had our first baptisms last Saturday...Melvin and Ester, they're siblings. And then Jeyer gets baptized this coming Saturday. They're all doing awesome and it's so good because they're all friends with each other which means they automatically have a friend in the church that knows EXACTLY what the other one feels like as a newby. It's awesome. Our area is basically starting out from scratch right now. None of our investigators are progressing, so we basically shoved them all into one day and we're going to be finding for the rest of the week. Yep. We'll see how it goes. I'm excited though...I know there are people here that are ready. And we're totally going to find them :) So I figured out this week that my companion is TOTALLY like Katie Neff!!! Haha, it's absolutely hilarious. She's so motivated and organized and on top of things, and seriously hilarious. We have so much fun. We just walk down the street and laugh and tell stories and have all these inside jokes. Oh my goodness, it's been so much fun. I'm already dreading transfer week. I'm hoping we'll stay together?? Yeah, don't think that'll happen, but we'll hope for it anyway. One frustration/sad thing from
the week, so like I said, we moved all of our investigators to one day because they're just not progressing. It just breaks my heart when people just don't get it. You can explain it to them, some of them can even spit it back to you (one of our investigators who's been an investigator for a year) and yet they STILL won't do anything about it. "So what is it that we're asked to do?" Response: "Go to church, pray, read the scriptures, blah, blah....", Us: "Will you come to church this week with us?" Response: "Well I don't know... I'm kind of busy....". Oh my heavens, this is ETERNAL LIFE people, it's kind of a big deal. It just makes me sad, when they understand it, and they just don't want to do it. Ah, sometimes I hate agency :)

Tad Callister is coming to speak to us this week at a mission fireside. He's the one who spoke about the Book of Mormon in conference and drew the circles with the lines, remember? I'm way excited about it. And pretty sure Elder Nielson is coming with him.  And I also know that Elder Holland is here right now, so hopefully he'll drop by :) So sweet. So I pretty much love this country...Christmas has already started over here! Like, in full swing. Christmas lights, Christmas music, decorations, the whole cabootle. Oh my goodness, I'm in heaven :)

That's all for today. Thank you so much for the love and support and for everything else. I don't know where I'd be without you. Mahal na Mahal ko kayo!!!! Have a fantastic week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment